Saturday, September 26, 2020

Junk Journal and Magicals

 

Hey there !

Today I am creating in my Junk Journal – I love this little journal – its made up of all types of papers and surfaces making me stretch my imagination that little bit further!

Here are a few simple steps to create this project.

  • I am working on some graph paper and some street directory paper, so before I start, I needed to give the pages a coat in gesso to seal them.
  • Next, I added some collage elements – tissue paper, die cuts & book paper. Use Gel Medium to stick those down.
  • I added a little gesso over the top of those elements to make sure the surface was the same all over the page
  • I used Archival Ink to stamp images around the page
  • Now mix up some Magicals by adding a little powder to a palette then adding water.
  • Swatch your colors before you start
  • Use a large round paintbrush to puddle on the colors, moving quickly and drying as you go.
  • I next added some old rub-ons
  • Stamp your focal image onto vellum and stapled to the page
  • Add some additional stamping to finish

And done!  Here is a Video showing you how to create it in a bit more depth.

Lindy’s Products

Other Products

  • Graph paper, street directory or map

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx