Tuesday, September 8, 2020

***HOME DECOR PROJECT*** Coffee Anyone? Create Cups with Stencils

Hey guys,


Today I am showing you a cool little project creating your own custom coffee cups!

 


This is really easy and super fun.  
Here are a few simple steps on how I created these two bright mugs!

I purchased two cheap glossy cups and gave them a light spray with Krylon Gesso Spray so that the acrylic paint had a nice surface to sit on.



I then used a combination of colors to color the mugs and allowed them to dry.

 




 
Using a latex sponge, I added some light pattern to the background using the same colours to add simple dimension.

 



I used a latex sponge and Ranger Black Archival ink to sponge on the images from the Scared Hearts ATC MixUp & Alchemy and the heat set them to ensure that they were dry

 



Next I used Pilot Pintor Paint pens to go over the sponged images to give them a darker black and bring the images all together. 



Once dry, I popped them into the oven for an hour to set the ink before giving them a light spray with a semi gloss sealer to give them a shine.

  

 

Have a fabulous day ... and go create something!

Natalie May

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx