Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A floral Lindys project

Today I want to share the project I created for the May Colour Challenge. As an Educator, I don’t get the opportunity to be educated – I spend more time teaching and creating so last month when the opportunity came up to learn something new – I jumped at it!
A local Adelaide creative, Simela Petridis, AKA Pizzle Paints, was teaching a Watercolor Wreath class right here in my home town!   The thought of learning to draw gorgeous wreaths and colour them using watercolours scared the life out of me but she was just awesome and made it super easy! Admittedly,  I still haven’t completed the original piece I started on the night, but the very next morning I had to take all those techniques and have a go using Lindy’s Products!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
So here are a few easy steps I used to create this little framed image.
I started using a 300gsm heavyweight watercolour card-stock and drew my design using a lead pencil.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I then pulled out a few colours … Magical Shakers in Magnolia Magenta Gold & Guten Tag Teal, Magicals in Poppin Pink and Sprays in California Poppy Gold and Tea Pot Purple. I find making up little washes in my palette makes it easier for me to use.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I then took my time to colour in each of the ‘leaves’ and ‘petals’ … working in small areas allowed me to build up colour and add layers.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I used a Number 4 and 6 round brush so I could add lots of detail.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The Lindy’s products layer so well you can get amazing color.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Start with a base color and …
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Drop in something surprising to create beautiful color blends!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Swap to a finer brush and add details.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Just look at that SPARKLE and SHIMMER!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Where I didn’t have the right colours, I mixed them on the edge of my palette to get the right shade.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I finished off by adding a little depth with my Stabilo Pencil (a water soluble pencil) and then popped it into a frame.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I’m super happy with how this turned out and I am much more confident using Magicals and Sprays rather than Watercolours.
So a big Thanks to Pizzle Paints for getting me outta my comfort zone and forcing me to do something that I now truly love!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Lindys Products

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx