Saturday, December 30, 2017

Lindys United Love Canvas

Hey there!
Today I am sharing a special project I created especially for the AALL & Create International Tournament from earlier this year.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAThe brief was to create a project representing Unity and I created a beautiful canvas showcasing an image of my husband and I together.  We are the best of friends, united as a family and have an incredible love for each other.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I started by adding some tissue paper to the canvas with Gel Medium and then used Light Texture Paste through a stencil. I like the way the Light Paste is light & fluffy like Butter Cream Icing!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Once dry, I added three colours of Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals – Tibetan Poppy TealHi-Maintenance Magenta & Witches Potion Purple.
I puddled them on with a #12 round brush and diluted them slightly with a light mist of water to get them to run through the stencil pattern.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I chose these three colours as they go beautifully together and I think they represent a calm and peaceful feel.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Next I cut some white card with my dies and coloured them using the same colours, (though – I chose not to use the pink centre cut).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I stamped a few feathers designed by my gorgeous friend Fiona Paltridge. I used black Archival ink on watercolour paper.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I added the Lindys Magicals in a wash over the stamped feathers.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I finished off by cutting out the feathers and layering them on the canvas, hanging down from the photo and die cuts & circles.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Lindy’s Products:

Other Products:
  •  Aall&Create Stencils & Stamps, 11×14’ canvas, Mandala Stencil, Golden Light Molding Paste, Gel Medium, Liquitex Gesso, Tim Holtz Tissue Paper, Imaginarium Designs Chipboard, Michelle Grant Designs Pebble Rocks, 13@rts chipboard, Die Cuts, Cotton, Spray Paint
Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

  1. Sensational! always love your creating, the textures are stunning.. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx