Thursday, October 26, 2017

Feeling Happy with Lindys ...

I cant understand how it's nearly the end of October ... I am seriously losing days at a rapid rate
here ... and I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels like this ...
I NEED MORE DAYS TO CREATE!  


So enough ranting from me ... today I am sharing another quick and easy Scrapbook Page.  

I think sometimes we forget that Scrapbooking is all about the photos and recording the memory - telling a story and making a page for our albums.  

I am a storyteller, a journaler, a list maker and a doodler! 

I scrapbook my favourite photos rather than every photo and event but I always Journal on my page - you probably won't see it publicly ... I usually add it after I have photographed it ... but its always there! Even if the page is all Arty & Inky ... the journaling still needs to go on somewhere - even if its on the back!


This page is a super important one for me and I have decided to share the journaling with you this time!   It's not a perfect photo - its a little blurry - but its all about the memory and the importance of the event.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Fiona and I were away teaching at a Papercraft Expo in Melbourne and I spotted a familiar image on the desk as I was chatting to the organisers ... OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! It was my artwork!  I was sooo surprised and incredibly thrilled ... my little bit of Lindys artwork I created for a card was being used for the advertising flyer for the Brisbane Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo ... Australia's biggest & best Scrapbook event!  I raced back to tell my best friend and to snap that all important selfie ... couldn't wipe that smile off my face all weekend!


This page was created using three colours from the Magical Shaker range!

I started with some super nice 13Arts Gesso and a stencil on some Marshmallow Cardstock.
20170904_11070120170904_110846



My Shakers are a little worse for wear as I tape them closed with washi tape when traveling to ensure I don't have any spillage.


I mixed a small amount with water in my little palette then I gave my cardstock a light spray with water then used a brush to 'puddle' on the colour starting with Lederhosen Laurel then adding Guten Tag Teal and Bavarian Blue.

20170904_11111620170904_111127

While it's still wet, I gave it a spray with water, tilted the cardstock and encouraged the colour to run off the page.
20170904_111635

I then took some die cuts and coloured them in the same three colours as well as adding some stamping to the background using
Archival Ink in Teal & Blue.
20170904_125543


My photo is mounted on a combination of Gel Print paper, an old map & dictionary paper - the perfect colours to compliment the background and the photo. The 13Arts wood veneer title has been coloured with Guten Tag Teal. and Bavarian Blue.


Here are a few close ups for you.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

By the way ... the artwork on the flyer is using Magicals in Caribbean Blue and Hibiscus Rose with Obviously Black Embossing Powder ... this image has now become my logo.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to add a little journaling to your scrapbook pages!

Lindy’s Products


Much Love

Natalie

Natalie May LSG DT Blog Post Footer 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx