Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Be Magical......



Hello again!

I'm loving my little Art Journal journey at the moment ... the opportunity to play with different techniques, mix a few elements together and see what happens really lights up my day!

I have had some total fails too but some real wins!  I'm kinda thinking this is one of my wins!



I'm using the March Color Challenge Magicals set today and mixing them with heavy body acrylic paint!



Here are a few simple steps to create this Art Journal Page.

Mix heavy bodied white acrylic paint with Magicals - make sure that you really give it a good mix so
that all of the powder has mixed into the paint.
Gesso prep your journal pages then add lines of low tack masking tape to your page
Use a catalyst tool to swipe the paint onto the page
Swipe on some white then allow to dry
Gently remove the tape
Add some cardstock shapes
Use the coordinating sprays to color the shapes 
Add some texture paste through a stencil
Add some more color and allow to dry
Use a stencil with some white Montana spray paint to add another layer
Add  some alphas
Paint them with a wet brush and Magicals to get an intense color
Finally give the page a light spray with Creme Brulee Cream for shimmer



Here are a few close ups of my page!




Have you dabbled in Art Journaling?  Would love to see your take on this months challenge in your journal!

Thanks for stopping by

Natalie


1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx