Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cards... Cards... Cards


 Hi there

 I am absolutely delighted to sharing some of my projects with you this
month on the Couture Creations blog!


OK ... enough with the waffle .....
Back in October, I did a little teaching tour of Queensland! I was lucky enough to be asked to teach at some local stores - whom all stock an amazing range of Couture Creations products!

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be sharing with you the projects that I taught!

I created a lovely set of cards using the Hearts Ease 6x6 paper pad
and combined them with a couple of gorgeous dies!
These cards are introducing some simple Mixed Media techniques ..... I love that adding a few inky and stampy elements, the cards can be taken to a new and more interesting level.

Here are a few tips on how I created each card ...

Swipe a little gesso with a palette knife over the paper then once dry, dab on some color! I used Lindys Stamp Gang Spray in Jazzy Jivin Purple and applied it with a paint brush!

Use a stencil and apply some thick Gel Medium to the background then once dry again add color with a brush - the gel medium creates a resist! The flowers have been painted with mist as well!

I hand cut a couple of tags... swiped on some gesso... added some random stamps and added my flowers. How great is that label die? I love the layering and the little bee!

And lastly, I again used a stencil and some thick gel medium then once dry, dabbed on some color. Those FABULOUS doilies are just the perfect size for cards and I die cut 3 butterflies and layered them to add some dimension.

 These cards are easier than they look and a lot of fun too!
My next post will show you how to make them using another gorgeous paper
collection from Couture Creations!

Thanks for stopping by!

Natalie



1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx