Thursday, June 8, 2017

Simply Lindys....

Oh My Goodness ... It's JUNE!!!!! 
Arrgggg.... and it's cold here in Adelaide... 
Winter has just started but the sun is out each day despite the icy cold 
air .... perfect for scrapping I say!

The LSG team have created another gorgeous color challenge this month 
and I couldn't wait to get started on it!

I'm a bit of a sucker for stamps featuring circles 
(actually I am a bit of a sucker for stamps full stop) and felt it was time to pull some of them out!

I started with Marshmallow cardstock and stamped with Black Archival ink.
Next thing I did was test out all my colours - I find this super helpful when it 
comes to creating a page.

I then 'puddled' on the color using a round #12 brush - a brush that holds lots of liquid is 
perfect for this. Once I coloured all the circles, I dried it with my heat tool and applied 
another coat of colour to add intensity and depth.

I used Alpine Ice Rose for the background by using a wet brush and pushing the colour 
around the page. By dipping it in water, it allows me to dilute the colour a little 
and create a lighter tone of the lovely Rose shade.


Once it was dry, I covered up my circles with some paper towel and added a few splatters 
of colour to add some more layers and dimension.

I then added a little heavy gesso through a stencil to create some 
more interest in the background.

It's that easy!

I have created a short process video for you to view.. head over to my YouTube 

Here are a few detailed shots of the layout.





Lindys Stamp Gang products used.

Thanks for stopping by
And have a great day wherever you are in the world
                



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx