Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sun, Sky, Sand and Sea .....


Hello to you all.

It's my time to share again over at Lindys Stamp Gang
and I've created a project using the Color Challenge Set for June.

 

These colours work beautifully together and I knew straight away that I wanted 
to blend them together for a page.


Here are a few simple steps to recreate this page

I used 3 sheets of thick Mixed Media cardstock and used a blade to cut curves and straight lines
I started with Summer Lovin Sun and used a water brush to paint on the color. 
By using a water brush, I could thin it down and make it lighter by adding more water or dip again and intensify the color
I then added Magicals in the same colour to add some deeper color in spots.
I love the depth that has been created through the water and Magicals
I then repeated the process with Kissin Kenickie Coral
and the Kissin Kenickie Magical as well
And again in Pink Ladies Pink with the spray and matching Magical
To get the 'Inbetween' color I was after, I colored some more strips with Coral and then gave them a spray with Pink
while they were still wet... this produced a lovely deep coral color.
I then allowed them the dry in the sun before separating them into their color piles
As I knew I was covering the background, I used a cardstock that wasn't going to be seen.
I  ran strips of tape down the page to secure the layers.
Starting at the top, I added all the Pink strips first then worked my way down to the yellow.
Make sure they are all secured properly
I trimmed a little off the edges and then matted it on black cardstock to create a frame
For the Imaginarium chipboard title, I coated with spray gesso first, then used Magicals to
add the color and blend into each other. I then gave it a spray with Pink to finish and again allowed it to dry in the sun.
I am super pleased with how this page came out ... all those luxurious layers of color.







And when I took it outside  ... the shadows created even more layers and texture!


I cant wait to try this out with other color combos.

Thanks for stopping by.

The products I have used are











1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx