Tuesday, May 31, 2016

#wonderful friends with Lindys


Hi there.

Today I am sharing a super fun page I created using the May Color Challenge set!


This is such a great color combo and although I am not a big fan of purple,
I am really enjoying working with it this month!

I wanted to create a fun page about hanging out with our friends.
I thought this set was ideal.

Here are a few simple steps to create the page ...

Use a sewing machine to sew a shape direct to your cardstock
Dipping the brush straight into the TiffanyLou Blue, add some color to the first couple of segments

Repeat the process with Bells of Ireland Green
And again with French Lilac Violet but I added a little blue to it to
make it a little more dense
Allow to air dry
I then found a lid around the same size as my shape to protect it from the next step.
I used Pineapple Paradise Magical and sprinkled it onto the dry cardstock
Give it a spray with water and allow it to move around the page a little
Allow to dry or heat set
Next I used some clear gesso and used my fingers to add it to the Imaginarium Designs Chipboard

I used an empty Montana Marker and filled it with Blazin Black so I could use it like a pen
Added some scribbles of Blazin Black to my chipboard frame.
I love that I now have a nice crisp black pen!
I mixed a little Pineapple Paradise with clear gesso
And then used the Blazin Black Marker, Yellow gesso mix and plain gesso to roughly coat my stars
To finish the page, once all my embellishments were stuck down, I added some splatters or purple, green, blue and black

I'm loving this page - mixing a couple of techniques can work really well 
on a page - just allow yourself to give it a go!





Thanks so much for stopping by!

The colors that I have used are

Have a great day



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx