Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I'm sharing my post from the Scrapbook Creations Blog today ...

I just love working with old book pages. In fact, old Reader’s Digest Books are probably my fave and incorporating them into your card making or scrapping is super easy. (Ed’s note: We did feature on old books and how to use them in scrapbooking in issue 101 – it’s definitely a hot topic right now!)
 
These cards were created in next to no time at all for my daughters’ dance and school teachers.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Now, don’t get me wrong … this is a technique that has been around for years – and it is far from my own; but revisiting it has reminded me how effective and super cute it is!



The apple card
I found a random apple template on Google, cut it out then used it to cut out my apples. Make each one about 5mm bigger than the previous. Make sure you add some colour too. Don’t forget your apple stem, leaves and pips!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Add a little glue to the middles and layer them.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Use your sewing machine and run a stitch up the middle.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I then ran a light black marker around the outside of each layer to add a little definition and foam mounted it to my card.

The butterfly cards...

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The butterfly cards were just as simple. Using the exact same techniques but first stamp three butterflies onto your book pages first and use them as your guide. Cut out three butterflies, each bigger than the last. I found the best way to do this is to use the last one your cut out as a template

Again, layer, glue then sew.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Foam mount to the front of your card and you’re all done!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. I am such a HUGE fan of printed papers ---but I really find them hard to use! Go figure....loooove your ideas, especially with the stitching - they look fabulous. Might be one of my NY's resolution. USE That book [& music!!!] paper UP!!!!!!!!!! TFS:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful and I have heaps of old book pages too.. take care..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx