Monday, June 27, 2011

For Tatum ........

Daffodildayshave

On 26 August, Daffodil Day, to raise money for the Cancer Council my super amazing friend Tatum is SHAVING HER HEAD!
This is an amazing thing to do for charity and I would love it if you could pop your hand in your pocket and support this great charity! (I certainly did).

Tatum has posted this on her blog .......

'As Australia's peak national non-government cancer control* organisation, Cancer Council Australia advises the Australian Government and other bodies on practices and policies to help prevent, detect and treat cancer. We also advocate for the rights of cancer patients for best treatment and supportive care.'

You can read more about everything that the Cancer Council do for cancer research, advocacy and support here.

We all know the statistics, cancer affects 1 out of 2 people and for a long while now I have wanted to do something significant to raise funds for the Cancer Council. Within the past year Steven's dad has been diagnosed and treated for Cancer of the Oesophagus. This has been the catalyst for my decision that now is the time to do this.

I am aiming to raise at least $2500 prior to having my head shaved and I would love it if you would support me. You can donate HERE.

I will be holding an event in Adelaide where the head shave will take place, it will be in the evening on 26th August, tickets will be $35-$40 and I will have details available once everything is finalised in the next week or so. I'll also have an online video of the event available so those of you who don't live nearby or can't make it don't miss out. If you think you are keen to come along just pop me an email and I'll make sure you get updated with the time and place.

I would be really appreciative if you can get the word out there for me too...hitting like below should post this to your facebook wall and you can tweet using the twitter button.

Thankyou for supporting me...I'm excited and just little bit nervous!

Tatum xx"


So .... PLEASE.... help out and any little amount will assist the cause.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx