Thursday, February 10, 2011

Imaginarium Designs have created this gorgeous "ballerina" shape sheet that is just perfect for creating something special for the little dancer in your life!
My niece turned 9 last week so it was the perfect opportunity to create a card featuring the ballerinas!

The card design itself is pretty simple.
I chose a opal metallic cardstock, punched one edge using a Martha Stewart border punch then using papers from The Girls Paperie range and a Prima glitter transparency, created a layered effect. After a bit of doodling, I started on my "girls".

Glimmermist seemed the only option! he he!
A quick spray with two different shades of pink gave me the look I was after. Once dry, I used white Smooch ink on their feet to give a little shoe look then created tutu's using tulle and Kaiser bling. Each ballerina was finished off with a little Ranger Stickles in Crystal Ice just to add a little sparkle to their tutu's. For the number '9', I gave it a coat of white Smooch then the Ranger Stickles in Crystal Ice for added bling!

I was really happy with the overall finished product and to hear squeals of delight from the birthday girl was great!
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. just gorgeous nat!!! any little girl would adore receiving this beautiful card.. big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have really brought the figures to life with color and bling!! adorable for any girl i would say!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx