Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Colour is a Power for StencilGirl






Hello Hello ... Today I am sharing an Art Journal Page using the Typography theme for StencilGirl.



This was an easy theme for me as I LOVE using type and text in all my projects so this one was a breeze!


I started with a coat of gesso on my page to seal it. (I am working in a large Dylusions Journal)
I then used gel medium to collage on some book paper and torn mesh tape before adding some stenciling with heavy gesso through the Central Ave Stencil.


Once that was dry, I used modeling paste through the Wall of Words stencil across the middle of my page and popped it aside to dry.


I wanted to make a little flippy bit for the middle of the page, so used gel medium to join the pages together to make the book paper element a little bigger and backed it in white card.
I then used my fave Hue Tint Tone Shade stencil with a waterproof pen to trace the design.
Lindys Magicals were perfect for adding color to the design and I added a little water to them to color.


Back to the page, I used Lindys Magicals in Blues and Black to add the color to the page but 'puddling' the color around the raised stencil words.  Added a few scribbles and all done!


Keep scrolling down for a quick little video tutorial I made for you ...













Thanks so much for stopping by!

Natalie May

Stencils Used ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx