Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Stenciled Poetry - Colours of the Rainbow with Natalie

Hey there Stencil Fans!


Natalie here sharing an Art Journal page for the Stenciled Poetry theme this month.


I am a huge lover of colour and using the colour wheel especially in my classes and I love using this stencil designed by Pam Carricker.


This page is so simple yet super effective.
Let me talk you through the process.

I started by using a Post-It and tacking the stencil to my page so it didn't move.



I used a Pitt Pen to trace each segment. I had to use a waterproof pen so when I added the water, I wouldn't loose the image.


I then used Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks to colour each segment, activating them with water, allowing the colour to bleed out into the page.




Once dry, I gave each segment another quick application of colour to increase the intensity before scribbling on a beautiful poem by Christie Ann Martine.



Thanks for stopping by and happy creating
xxx

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx