Thursday, March 28, 2019

What You Water Grows ... for Lindys

Hey Gang.
Today I am sharing a versatile art journal page created using Magical Shakers and a few different techniques. Choose your colors and the word you want to add over the page before you begin so you can match the feeling the colors create with the text.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Let me talk you through the process …
Start by giving your pages a really good coat of white gesso. We will be adding lots of water so a good thick coat is important to stop the water soaking through. I often use masking tape down the center to give extra protection!
Next, use a stencil and some texture paste to add images through the middle of the page. Once dry, add a little stamping in black archival ink.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Choose a couple of shades of blue – I used Hydrangea Blue and Bachelor Button Blue – and create a wash across the page. I love how the color pools around the stenciled images.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I needed to add some depth to the page so a few sprinkles of Barvarian Blue from a shaker, activated with water spray and swished around with a brush did it nicely. Allow the color to run down the page into the stenciled leaves.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Once dry, I stamped some images onto tissue paper and used gel medium to stick this onto the bottom of the page.  I then repeated the process on greens – using a combination of Lucky Shamrock Green and Lederhosen Laurel.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
A few finishing touches such as stamping in blues and greens will make the page pop!
P1012759.JPG

Lindy’s Products

This technique will look amazing with all sorts of different style stencils … I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Natalie
Lindys Blog Ambassador badge 2019 Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx