Thursday, November 29, 2018

Upcycling with stencils


Hey there Stencil Fan!

Today I am sharing a project I created as a Thank You gift for a friend of mine.


I took a trip to my local Thrift Shop and scouted around for a clutch or a small handbag that I could upcycle.

I stumbled across this 'knock off' Mimco leather pouch (mimco is an upmarket Australian Fashion Brand) and thought it was perfect!  Cost me a whole AU$3.00.




I started with a coat of clear and white gesso - just to give it a nice surface to build on.


Using a brayer, I added a light coat of grey and blue acrylic paint.

 

I used The Leafy Trees Arch mask by Valerie Sjodin and applied navy paint using a shaving brush on both sides.


I then used the Picasso's Words stencil designed by Carolyn Dube and layered it over the top a little.





I finished it off with some scribble words and done!


Here is a short process video for you.


I am looking forward to gifting this little pouch to my friend ... 










Natalie May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx