Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Live Inspired

Hey there Gang!
Today I am sharing a page I created using the amazing Autumn toned colours from the Lindy’s October Colour Challenge!  I just knew these would look fabulous with a photo I had in my stash, and create the perfect layout to remember a day on the harbour.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
This is such a beautiful and soft colour palette and was the perfect match for some lovely 7Dots papers from my stash.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Let me talk you through a few simple steps to create a background like mine…
I started with a thin layer of 13Arts Clear Gesso to seal the paper.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Next I used a StencilGirl Stencil as a stamp by spraying it with Steampunk Sepia and brushing on a little Oom PahPah Pink and then stamping it onto my page.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I then dried it off, before adding some splatters of South Shore Sand, Cowabunga Copper & Steampunk Sepia. It was a little too bold so I dabbed it off with some paper towel to make it a little more subtle.
Then, using a brush I applied a combination of Cowabunga Copper & Sepia to a rubber stamp and stamped onto the page … I LOVE this effect.
Once dry, I assembled all the paper and layered elements before enhancing them with a combination of the 5 colours from Lindy’s and added some more splats for balance.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Here are a few close-ups of the page – how much do you LOVE that shine from the Glory of the Seas Gold!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Thanks for stopping by and I can’t wait to see all your entries for the Colour Challenge this month!

Lindy’s Products


Cheers
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx