Hi there ... Natalie here sharing a little Art Journal page I have created using a few gorgeous
colors from Lindys and a few extras floating around my desk!
I have a few different sized Art Journals on the go at the moment and love that I can pick up a journal and use some of the extra bits from previous projects and create a page!
Here are a few simple steps to create the page ...
- I use a heavy body gesso like Liquitex to coat the page first - the coat of gesso not
- only seals the paper - it creates a surface for the color to sit on
- Next I started with the lightest color and and used a generous brush stroke
- application to puddle the color on
- Give it a solid hit with the heat tool in between coats to ensure the colors dry
- thoroughly sot that they sit together rather than mix.
- I added a few splatters of color so that the droplets pooled and dried in nice little spots.
- I then added some stamping using my fave Dina Wakley stamp and some grey archival ink
- I had two partially cut die cut on my desk from another project, so I added these using a fine glue from XPress It and added some layers of Washi Tape to finish.
I am loving the soft finish this page has - and with the addition of the
washi ... I'm pretty happy with the result!
That's it from me today ... have fun creating up a storm!
Lindys Products Used
Salt Water Taffy , Queen of Hearts Red, Autumn Maple Crimson, Frozen Jack Frost, Dark Chocolate Truffle Sprays