Thursday, September 21, 2017

Embrace Imperfection - and Art Journal page for Lindys

Hi there ... Natalie here sharing a little Art Journal page I have created using a few gorgeous 
colors from Lindys and a few extras floating around my desk!


I have a few different sized Art Journals on the go at the moment and love that I can pick up a journal and use some of the extra bits from previous projects and create a page!


Here are a few simple steps to create the page ...

  • I use a heavy body gesso like Liquitex to coat the page first - the coat of gesso not 
  • only seals the paper - it creates a surface for the color to sit on
  • Next I started with the lightest color and and used a generous brush stroke 
  • application to puddle the color on
  • Give it a solid hit with the heat tool in between coats to ensure the colors dry 
  • thoroughly sot that they sit together rather than mix.
  • I added a few splatters of color so that the droplets pooled and dried in nice little spots.
  • I then added some stamping using my fave Dina Wakley stamp and some grey archival ink 
  • I had two partially cut die cut on my desk from another project, so I added these using a fine glue from XPress It and added some layers of Washi Tape to finish.

I am loving the soft finish this page has - and with the addition of the 
washi ... I'm pretty happy with the result!


That's it from me today ... have fun creating up a storm!

Lindys Products Used






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx