Friday, May 6, 2016

Masking with Magicals ....


Hi there

I love it when I stumble across a new product in my local art supply store.
Last week I discovered this wonderful product ... Schmincke Masking fluid/drawing gum and decided to give it a go
on watercolor paper with this months color set.



Have you used a masking fluid before? It's a great product for covering a specific
area which should remain white when you want to add a color to your project.
Please excuse my messy desk :)


So for this page, I used some 300gsm water colour paper, used black archival ink to 
stamp some images and then used the Masking fluid to 
color in the areas that I wanted to stay white.

Once it was completely dry - allowing it to air dry will give you the best results -
I then did the fun bit - adding the colour.

I started by tapping on Tiffanylou's Blue Magicals with a fan
brush and then gave it a spray with water.


While it was wet, I lightly misted on some Bells of Ireland Green and then used 
my paintbrush to spread it out - I love that watercolor paper allows the color 
to sit on top of the paper - giving it more time for movement. 
I then added some Pineapple Paradise by dipping my brush into the 
bottle and dab it on to add some highlights.



Once it was completely dry, I used a rubber to very gently rub off the Masking fluid - 
this reveals a white area left behind.


Absolutely LOVE this result - the little pops of white in the stamping
makes it jump right out of the page!


 The Imaginarium Design chipboard I swiped with Bells of Ireland Green 
and Tiffanylou's Blue Magicals - loving that shimmer ....





So there you have it - another super easy & fun technique using 
Sprays & Magicals that you can easily create at home

Have a great day
Natalie May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx