Saturday, January 31, 2015

You Light Up my life .....


Hi there

It's my turn today to share over at Lindy's Stamp Gang.
Here is a page I created that was inspired by the January Color Challenge!


This photo of Jessica is one of my favourites and is the perfect colour to go with the Sweet Sentiments Collection from Graphic 45.


I am a huge Chipboard fan and currently design for Imaginarium Designs and run their Design Team.
I LOVE that Lindy's Sprays work beautifully on chipboard and this layout was perfect for showcasing the gorgeous Purple tones in this months challenge.

Chipboard is porous and will soak up the colour from sprays very quickly so one way to make the colour stand out is to coat your chipboard with gesso first to create a seal.
This does not always work but depending on the look you are after, it can be really effective.


I then used a combination of  Pop Rock Purple & Dont Eat The Yellow Snow to spray my Moroccan screen.  I then added Tea Pot Purple over the top & put it aside to air dry.


I always spray onto a heat proof mat so that I can then catch any excess colour.  This gives me extra spray to be able to swipe the other chipboard in - waste not want not I say!  This is the way I coated the remaining chipboard I wanted to use on my page.

 

Sometimes the colour is not very strong on top of the gesso.  This was the case with the frames so I flipped it over an misted the back instead.  Can you see the colour difference between the two?

 The frame on the left has been covered with gesso & the frame on the right has not.

For my gorgeous Phrase, I first lightly sponged on some gesso, sprayed it with Tea Pot Purple and then added Jazzy Jivin' Purple over the top. Once dry I used Angel Wings Gold Embossing Powder to give it a beautiful shine.

 See that super glistening shine? Stunning!

And finally I didn't have any ribbon to match so I used some Seam Binding and sprayed it with Cape Coral Cod before drying it and adding it to my page!


Here are a few close ups of the detail on my page.


Thanks for stopping by

Lindy's Products Used
Jazzy Jivin' Purple
Tea Pot Purple
Pop Rock Purple
Cape Cod Coral
Don't Eat Yellow Snow
Angel Wings Gold Embossing Powder

Other Products
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard
Graphic 45 Paper
Prima Roses
Dark Brown Colorbox Chalk Ink
Seam Binding

Have a great Day
Natalie May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx