Monday was my first Design Team post over at Lindys Stamp Gang! So exciting!
Today I'm sharing an 8x8 canvas that I taught for a Kids Class here in Adelaide.
I regularly teach a Kids Mixed Media class and it is one of the most popular classes we run during the holidays. I love that children are willing to have a go and put aside perfection for having fun!
Plus its a perfect opportunity for them to get a little bit messy!
This project will be for them to put up on their wall or on a shelf.
It's super cute and I cant wait to share it with them.
1. Apply some texture paste to the canvas using a mask and dry with a heat gun
2. Glue a thick paint brush to the canvas, paint it with gesso and dry. Once dry, add some texture paste in and around the edges of the brush and then apply some clear micro beads and allow to dry.
3. Glue on some wood veneer letters.
4. Spray around the edges of the canvas with Cape Cod Coral
5. Now add some spray in various shades of purple... starting with the darkest at the bottom and then layering to the lightest so that you get a fade out of the purple. You don't want to go over the coral completely.
6. Take the lid off the coral and use the nozzle to add a more intense colour to the top of the canvas and allow it to drip down.
7. Next I sprinkled on some Cosmic Pink Blue Embossing Powder and heat set - this gave it a beautiful shimmer all over the paint brush
8. I used Dimensional Magic to give the alphas a little shine
9. And lastly add some flicks of white paint from a Sharpie Marker just to give it a little dimension.
Here are some close ups of the finished canvas.
I cant wait to teach this and see what amazing colour combinations the kids come up with!
Lindy's Products Used
Witch's Potion Purple Spray
Tea Pot Purple Spray
Pop Rock Purple Spray
Cape Cod Coral Spray
Cosmic Pink Blue Embossing Powder
Imaginarium Designs Mask
Studio Calico Wood Veneer Alphas
Martha Stewart Micro Beads
Chromacryl Texture Paste
Have a great Day