Saturday, December 31, 2011

A little festive baking ....

Cooking is NOT my strong point!
We eat healthy and well but there are no gourmet meals in this home!

Each year I make a couple of sweet things around the festive period.
This year I made Rock Road and Oreo Truffles.
Both got rave reviews!


So here are the two yummy recipes

WARNING ..... INCREDIBLY HIGH IN CALORIES BUT TASTES REALLLLLLLY GOOD!

NAT'S ROCKY ROAD

  • Mini marshmallows
  • Raspberry lollies
  • Roasted Macadamia Nuts roughly chopped
  • Craisins (driend Cranberries)
  • Milk chocolate
{up to you what quantity you like of each item}

Mix all these ingredients together and place in a lined baking tray.
I melt milk chocolate over a double boiler - it never goes well for me in the microwave - I use a couple of packets of Nestle Melts - we LIKE chocolate.
Once melted, pour over mixture, bang a couple of time on the bench to get out all the air bubbles, sprinkle with Hundreds and Thousands then refrigerate.

Before cutting, leave out for half an hour so the chocolate does not shatter!
ENJOY!


This second recipe I stumbled upon thru Pinterest.

I have NEVER made anything that actually looks like the picture once I've made it and I was pretty impressed with these!
The recipe comes for HERE.
{I've altered it slightly}

This is what it is supposed to look like ....

and here are mine!  Pretty good hey????
 

OREO TRUFFLES
  • 2 packets of Oreos
  • 250g cream cheese, softened
  • White Dipping chocolate
Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor.  Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside.  You don't need too much.
Add the softened cream cheese to the food processor and crushed Oreos until well combined, turn out into a bowl then mix thru with a spoon to make sure it's well mixed.
Roll into 1" balls and place on baking paper. Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate.  I put a tooth pick in each one to make the dipping cleaner and easier. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets up.
Let chocolate set, refrigerate, pull out toothpicks and enjoy!


I hope you enjoy these as much as my friends and family did!

Happy New Year to you all
xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. ooo these look so yummy!! i wonder how many calories i got just by looking at them!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummoroonie, they look so good, I might have to give them a try.
    Happy new year Nat have a great 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kids are begging me to make these Nat!! Not sure i could resist the temptation to eat one or two though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx