Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Port Lincoln, Tuna and Scrapping .....

Hi there

I have had a few days away in my hometown of Port Lincoln. Jess and I drove over last Friday (7.5hours) and then drove back again yesterday. It was a long time driving and I was totally knackered when I got home last night. I now know why I let Trev drive when we do the drive!

Anyway, had a great weekend spending time with my Nana who turned 89 years old last week and just hung out with my little girl. We were lucky enough to be treated to an afternoon out on the bay where Jessica got to Swim with the Tuna. It was the most amazing afternoon. I decided to just watch Jess do the swimming (too cold ) and she did an awesome job. The tuna are from 25kg and seeing Jess only weights 24kg, she found it a little daunting at first but then she had a staff member helping her out and she loved it! It's an incredible set up out there with hand feeding, swimming and touching all sorts of marine life.
  Jess and I with Nana


 All suited up to Swim with the Tuna
 In she goes!
 Patting a Port Jackson Shark

 Jessica hand feeding Southern Bluefin Tuna
Me hand feeding a tuna
Jessica hold Great White Shark Jaws!


The new challenge is up at Once Upon A Sketch too plus we have a few new DT members!
Journalling Criteria - Write 2 noteworthy event of the last week.
 

 Here is my take on the sketch.


I apologise for the terrible photo. I've used a Hambly Transparency on the inside of the page which made it slightly difficult to photograph well. My journalling is about Jessica and her love of dancing each day and dance lessons.
Tomorrow night I am teaching a Scrapping The Boys page - It's a double page using BoBunny papers
It's a 7pm start and you'll need to call 8277 1298 to book in! Here is a peek...


And finally, on Saturday I'll be teaching a class about Stamping and Masking and how to use and incorporate it on your page. It's a 10am start and there are places available....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx