Saturday, April 24, 2010

Finally ....

What a massive couple of weeks.

I apologise to those of you who have been waiting patiently for me to update my blog but as per usual, I dont seem to have enough hours in the day!


So where do I start?

Last Wednesday night Jane and I flew to Brisbane for the Printblocks Creative Block.
One of our main Australian suppliers, Printblocks, bought 12 international guests over to teach us and I had a ball.
Thursday morning Jane and I spent the morning shopping up a storm in the Printblocks warehouse buying all sorts of goodies for the shop. It was great to see how it all happens and where majority of our stock comes from.
My first class was with Shane from EK Success and we created a K&Company Shadow Box using some scrummy new papers and embellishments as well as some very nice EK Success punches.

some of the yummy bits from the EK class

In the afternoon I did a class with Mindy from Core'dinations making a mini album using the embossed cardstock and I learnt some great new techniques with this class. Once I have fully completed both of these projects I will photograph them for you!

Friday morning while Jane was in her class I walked through the warehouse planning a few classes! Having pick of the stock was fabulous. I have come up with a wonderful projects for the All Day Scrap and lets just say that it would be a good idea to book into it now!!!!! JULY 31!!!

Friday also saw me doing a class with Michelle from Printblocks using the super cute Me and My Big Ideas paper packs and the Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. Made some very nice cards.
What else??? The highlight of my classes was with the boys from BoBunny. Matt & Joe taught us a great class using the Mama-Razzi line of papers and it was a really informative class. They were great teachers and really nice guys too. Very down to earth. The final class of the day for me was with Gail from Making Memories. Two years ago I did a class with her in Brisbane and she is just so lovely. The Slice class allowed us to use the new Hands Free attachment for the Slice and I cant wait to get my hands on it. It makes using the Slice so much easier because you dont have to hold it while it cuts! Awesome! We created this adorable little album (which I gave as a gift with a matching card for a Christening on Sunday)

I'll be teaching a similar style of album in the next quarter. Over the three days at Printblocks there were about 15 Make and Take booths set up where you could go and play with the new products and test out some tools. I think I managed to do most of them!

Aimee from G45 doing a Make & Take

The gorgeous G45 Make & Take booth


Aimee, Jane (the only Australian Design Team member)and Diane from G45


Some of the Make & Take Booths


Friday night was the Cocktail party which finished off our week perfectly - Printblocks put on an amazing show and I'm looking forward to the next one!
The flight home seemed to take forever but I'm a sucker for clouds so here are a couple of my favourite pics!

I have been on a massive creative roll since being back!
This week I think I have created 7 pages! I cant show you all of them as some are for SIA in Sydney next week but I'll give you a couple of teasers!
This is a little canvas project ...
And a single page ...


On Tuesday morning I am teaching "Nat's Chipboard Page" and there are still a few places left in it. Here is a sneaky peek... (it's a double!)

And on May 6th I am doing "Scrap the Boys" - another double - this is perfect for our husbands or partners or even the older boys in our lives but in saying that, there is no reason why it would not suit the kids too. There is only 3 spaces left in the class to book in now!

Page Maps will be on Monday May 3rd at 7pm and the 3 pages are quite easy this month!


Photo requirements are ..
Page 1 - 1 portrait 6x4
Page 2 - 1 portrait 6x4
Page 3 - 2 portrait 6x4

And finally I just want to show off my little princess!
Jess will be 7 at the end of June .... I cant believe how much she has grown lately! We had to buy her adult size Ugg Boots last week! She is gonna be a tall girl I think!

Speak soon!
Mwa

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nat, haven't blog surfed for soooo long, wow i have missed seeing your gorgeous work.. you just get better and better all the time!
    you have been a busy chick-a-dee.
    miss ya
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx