Thursday, January 12, 2017

Magical Watercolor Cards Re-Visited

Today I am sharing over at Lindys ....
As some of you know, I regularly teach classes here in Australia, educating people on
all the awesome things that you can do with Lindys Stamp Gang products!
One of my most requested and popular classes over the last 18 months
has been my watercolor cards.
watrecolor-cards
I originally created them back in August 2015 and they are just so much fun.
You can see the original post here.  Back then I hadn't quite figured out the whole You Tube
thing so I decided that I'd give it a go again but using some of the new Prima stamps
I recently got my hands on.
picmonkey-image1
Here are a few simple steps to create these cards but please check out the You Tube channel
for an in-depth look at how easy it is!
Mix some Magicals with a little water in a palette.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Use Obviously Black Embossing powder to Heat Emboss the stamped image
onto 300gsm Watercolor paper.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Wet the paper then use a size 10 round brush and add the Magicals to the stamped image.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Because the image is heat embossed, it creates a 'barrier' for the color to stay in.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Set them aside to air dry.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Add a second coat of color to add intensity, then start a watery wash on the background -
lots of water will help the color move around.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Here are a few more shots of the cards with the Magicals I used for each card.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
You can watch these being created right here or over on the Lindy's YouTube Channel.
[]

 

Lindy's Products

Embossing Powder: Obviously Black

I hope that you enjoyed that little tutorial and my cards and I look forward to popping back soon!
natalie-may-lsg-dt-blog-post-footer-2017

1 comment:

  1. Loved these cards and the tutorial. Easy to follow, I reckon I could do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! xxx